If you are familiar with a particular brand that’s great, but if you are unsure of your child’s shoe size “Specially when you are doing an online purchase” we have an easy to use, general measurement guide below. Measure your child’s feet as per the instructions. When you know the centimetre measurement, you will then be able to see the corresponding shoe size on the chart.
- Step 1: Draw a straight line down the length of a piece of paper.
- Step 2: Place the paper on a hard flat surface alongside a wall. Have the child place their heel against the wall with their longest toe and heel centred on the line. Mark the paper on the line at the tip of longest toe.
- Step 3: Measure both feet as they may vary in size.
- Step 4: Measure the distance between the end of the paper and the toe mark in centimetres and use the General Sizing Guide below to find your child’s shoe size (allowances for foot growth in new shoes have been made in the General Sizing Guide).
Please note: For babies/smaller children it will be more practical to hold the paper up to their foot. In this case make a mark at both heel and toe and measure between the marks for your size reading.
Tips for measuring:
- Measure feet at the end of the day when your child’s feet are at their largest.
- Measure in the socks they will wear with their new shoes if appropriate
- Measure both feet and fit shoes to the larger foot
- It is best to measure your child’s foot while they are standing upright
Children’s feet grow at a fast rate and shoe size should be re-evaluated at least every 2-3 months.